Optimizing and profiting best practices in the med area on foreign trade, intermodal transport and maritime safety
|Towards a closer, smarter and greener transportation in MED area|
The OPTIMIZEMED e-platform
The OPTIMIZEMED e-Platform is a multisystem platform able to support the public and private stakeholders involved in the transport sector in their daily decisions and activities.
The platform gives access to the results of seven previous MED Maritime projects
- GROUNDS and TRANSit, which allow modelling routes for freight transport within ports of the European Union;
- PORTA, TERCONMED, SECUR MED PLUS and LOSAMEDCHEM, implemented databases containing industrial, economic and port activities information in the participating countries.
- MEMO focused on vessel monitoring systems.
- Improving the supply chain by the use of innovative IT tools
- Increasing economic & port activities state of the art and prospective knowledge
- Optimizing maritime risk prevention & safety tools.
The final report addresses a challenge to guarantee follow-up actions to maintaining the platform and services in the future. The development of roadmaps for policy actions in view of the next programming period in the MED area by strictly following a sustainable development model adapted to Maritime and intermodal transport.
Lead partner: FEPORTS