|GATEWAYS AND HINTERLAND CONNECTIONS|
Business to motorways of the sea
|Motorways of the Sea: Surfing on the Right Wave|
THE B2MOS INITIATIVE
How to improve, promote and simplify the use of multimodal short-sea services?
The B2MOS project aims to demonstrate the achieved results by the use of emerging & existing technologies with public and private collaborative information exchanges.
B2MOS shows the way
Two main pragmatic goals
› Improving interoperability of electronic messages and systems for exchanging essential transport documents such as electronic manifest, sea waybill, rail consignment note and commercial invoice.
› Clearing hurdles in intra-Community freight transport by sea, piloting IT solutions to increase cohesion and facilitate trade with peripheral and ultra-peripheral regions.
14 quick-win initiatives are under way
- Trade facilitation with ultra-peripheral regions
- Simplification of rail transit procedures
- Improvement of Customs and port control efficiency in trade flows with EU neighbouring countries
- Towards paperless and simpler MoS transport for shippers
- Refurbishment of port authorities’ management systems
- MoS virtual lanes in container terminals
- Coordinated shunting operations in railway stations and rail and intermodal port terminals
- ITS for port and transport communities
- Promoting Short Sea Shipping for consolidated shipments
- Electronic archives for MoS business stakeholders
- Facilitation of Customs inspection procedures in the port area
- Integration of seaport and river port information systems
- Clustering of sea ports in a region
- Data mining and Decision Support System
Lead partner: Valencia Port Foundation